Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things I've discovered about being a new mom

1. I become completely incompetent at changing diapers in the middle of the night. (The other night I put the diaper on inside out, but it was after I fixed it that Cash and I were covered in pee. Figure that one out?!)

2. When you're carrying around a baby in one arm, your foot automatically becomes another hand. (Quite handy when loading the washing machine, I might add.)

3. Why is it when I start to sing my son a song, it turns out to be either 80's rock or the Star-Spangled Banner?

4. I am terrified of the bulb syringe. You could suck his brain out with that thing!

5. While a poopy diaper makes me proud, I was totally grossed out by the umbilical cord and eye boogers.

6. If I don't burp Cash after he's fallen asleep nursing, and instead hope to put him in his bassinet still sleeping so I can get some shut eye, those darn hiccups will wake him up every time!

7. It's totally unfair that Mick has to go to work all day while I get to spend my day with the most handsome little boy ever. We miss you, Daddy!

5 comments:

Tea said...

That was the best thing I've read all day. :)

-T

Cindy said...

I can't believe how cute he is! Well, it's not like I'm surprised or anything, but he is really so super adorable :-) I'm glad you guys are having such a good time with him so far and I hope to see you all soon!!

Anonymous said...

Caitlin, that was so cute that you wrote about being a new Mom. You are a good one. I think why Cash is happier while getting his hair washed than the whole bath is because he's all wrapped up and warm and cozy then.

Mom Wright

Christi and Abbey said...

very funny!

Teacher Mary said...

Very funny, I got a really good giggle. I love the diaper the wrong way & getting covered in pee! Oh the joys of having a boy who can shoot his pee freely everywhere! He is really adorable! I am sure that Daddy misses being home with his best gal & guy! Be sure to video all the new & exciting experiences Dad is missing out on--guess he will miss the peeing & using the toes to toss laundry in the machine! Lots of Love and Prayers!