Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Come On!

I'm going to be pregnant forever.

I know, that's a bit over-dramatic, but I really feel that way today. We just got back from the doctor's office and, once again, nothing to report. I am officially 40 weeks pregnant, two days from my due date, and no further along in the labor department than last week.

The good news is that we won't be inducing this week. However, if I haven't delivered by my next appointment on Monday (four whole days after my due date!) we will likely be scheduling an induction then. All I know is that I really, really, really don't want to have to go to that appointment.

When I step back, I have to laugh at how many demands I'm trying to make on the process: I don't want to miss my due date, but I don't want to be induced; I want Cash to come in his own time, but I want that time to be soon; Please keep us from having to deliver in San Antonio, and, now that we don't have to go, please let Cash come now. I'm a walking contradiction. The truth is, God has already picked out the day and time of Cash's arrival and I'm just along for the ride.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second that : )

Tea said...

I love reading this blog. :)

Your San Antonian pals are praying for ya!

-T

MMM X 2 said...

Hang in there! I can't even imagine... You are a trooper through it all!

Christi and Abbey said...

waiting with you : )
come on cash!

MMM X 2 said...

Can I just tell you that I am now checking your BLOG many times a day! I think we all are on pins and needles waiting on your Little Man.

Thank you for the rec. on MamaSource too. You are so sweet!

Love to you! and, as Christi said... COME ON CASH!!!

Teacher Mary said...

It sounds like you were having a hard time figuring out what you really wanted to happen! But as you said God is in control & you are only along for the ride! Tons of Love and Prayers!