Monday, September 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home






We have officially survived our first 24-hours at home as parents and I must say we were pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it went. Cash even slept in his bassenet long enough for me to catch a couple solid chunks of sleep. Much needed as I probably only had a combined total of five or six hours in the previous four days.

Cash is eating well and we're steadily figuring out a little routine of diaper changes, feedings, and naps. Cash is not much of a cry-er yet, however he really doesn't like to have his diaper changed. It is pretty funny just how excited we get over our little boy making a poopy diaper. You'd think he'd just cured cancer or something. My sister got quite a kick out of the fact that he had already pooped before he was born (something that can be dangerous, but wasn't in our case.) I think it just proves how much of a Crawford he really is.

Anyway, all is well here. We are just so blessed to finally have Cash here with us!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

completely adorable...and I love the pick of you, Caitlin with Cash...super sweet. So, now it's been a few days, I can't wait to hear how it's all been going. We miss you!

MMM X 2 said...

That is the best picture of mommy and Cash. Thank you for keeping us all "in the loop!"

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that all is well! Glad you are getting some rest. Give Cash a big hug and kiss from us! :)

Tania

Deanna said...

I have you in my prayers, Caitlin, Mick, and Cash. I'm glad you posted something because I just now was able to get on and check for your safety... the pictures are amazing. I love that you already feel like "old pros".

Love,
Deanna

Teacher Mary said...

I love the pictures. He is quite an adorable boy! I am so glad that things are going smoothly (with the exception of Ike). You & Mick will be great parents. It is amazing how quickly once the child arrives the heart is filled with overflowing love and wonder at God's creation! Lots of Love and Prayers!

Lindiana Jones said...

Caitlin, you're a comedian, too!! Maybe it's the sleep deprivation? I hope you guys get into a rhythm soon!

Amir just came in and said he wants to see "Cashmir" so I have to show him all the pictures I've been admiring. What a beautiful baby!!