Wednesday, February 6, 2008

California Memories





I can't believe that our time here is coming to an end...just two and a half weeks to go. It is such a different feeling moving away from here than it was moving away from Tucson. I don't really remember being sad or nervous about moving out here because I was so ready to get out of Arizona and experience something for myself. Mick and I had just gotten engaged and were excited to be embarking on this new phase of our lives together. I never imagined all that that would mean.


I remember telling my sister how much I really wanted to make some friends and now we have a whole community of people we absolutely adore and regard as our extended family. The first time we came to see the townhouse that we would later purchase, this strange-looking, but extremely cute little dog came trotting around the corner, followed by a blonde California girl. We introduced ourselves and found out she and her husband lived right next door. She was so friendly and I remember thinking how great it would be to have neighbors our age and maybe, just maybe, we could be friends. Flash forward four years and I can't imagine my life without the friendship of Scott, Kim, Madison and Boswell. Not seeing them every week is definately one of the hardest parts of this move.


We also had been looking for a church to get involved with and have been so grateful for the Shepherd's House. It really was a place for us to learn, grow and become established in our walks with the Lord. The thing that intimidates me the most about the move is finding another church that we can call home. I'm just trusting that God has picked out a place for us and is preparing it in advance.


So as we count down these last days, I'm going to post pictures and stories of our adventures here and enjoy remembering all the wonderful things that this time in our life has brought.

No comments: