Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Soooo tired of apartment living

We are winding down to our last nights at the apartments since we closed on our new house this morning (Yea!). It couldn't come soon enough either. The apartments themselves are decent enough but we experienced some interesting things last night that made us all the more anxious to leave.

First we took Bella out for a walk and were greeted by a cockroach crawling from the neighbor's apartment. Yuck! If there's one bug that Mick cannot stand, that would be it. It was pretty amusing - and loud - to see how Mick tried to kill it. It think we got it, but those suckers hold on to the last minute.

Then we were pleasantly walking around the parking lot when we couldn't help but notice that a ground floor bedroom window had its blinds partially up and a pair of feet sticking near the window. When Mick casually mentioned this to me, we realized that those feet were actually attached to a hairy, naked man whose bum was out for all the world to see! Of course, I found this hilarious and had to call my sister right away to share the story. I mean, come on! Close your blinds, man!

Anyway, as I mentioned, we did close and are officially homeowners once again. Tomorrow is a crazy day with something like 6 or 7 different deliveries/vendors scheduled throughout the day. I'm tired just thinking about it. I'll try to snap some pics and get them posted this weekend. Now, I just hope our new neighbors aren't exhibitionists...

3 comments:

Teacher Mary said...

Well, a little excitement before you move is fun--right??!! I am so glad that you will be moving into your lovely new home soon! I cannot wait to see the photos! Lots of Love and Prayers!

Tea said...

Darn roaches. I hope Mick didn't hurt his foot trying to stomp it.

Congrat's on the apartment days winding down!

-T

Tea said...

hahahaha...I know it gets hot in Texas but come! I hope the birthday suit is not the preferred choice of wear out there! Congrats on you new place.

Tania