Monday, April 21, 2008

It's a Boy!!!!!






I can't believe it, but there's no mistaking it! We are having a son! I haven't been able to quit smiling all morning. I was pretty convinced that we were going to have a girl, so I guess the jokes on me. As far as names go, we were set on Emily, but seeing as that would totally get the boy beat up, I guess we'll have to come up with something else. That may take awhile.

The baby is very healthy, right-sized for his age and development. He was cracking Mick and I up by poking himself in the eye. You can see him do it in one of the ultrasound photos. We also got to see him yawn and drink the amniotic fluid. It was difficult to get good facial shots because he always had his hands up by his face and he was resting his head on the placenta. Mick asked the tech if she could tell whether or not the baby was cute, and she said yes. (Although, what else would she say?)

Anyway, I'll spare our son future embarrassment and not post the "proof" pic, but these are the latest shots.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Pic #4 looks like Micky. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing though. *grin*

Leon

Tea said...

Tania says: Hahahahaha I also think he looks like Mick because of pic 4....congrats! We are sooooo excited for you guys! What a cutie...love the eye poking!

Tania

Tea said...

Congrat's! This is exciting!

Yep, I think Leon is right--pic #4 looks like Mick.

Right on! Can't wait to meet him, and can't wait for Elliot to meet him also!

-T

P.s. He was probably threatening the ultrasound tech: "Look buster, keep prodding me with that thing, and I'll poke your eye out like this!" Don't mess with mini Mr. Crawford! :)

Bernadette Musante said...

Congratualations!!! I'm glad someone is finally having a boy! Everyone I know is having girls! I'm so excited for you both!

Cindy said...

Yippeee! Maybe you'll have all boys like me - so far I'm the only person I know with boys :-) I'm so happy to have a "sista" in mommyhood of boys! He looks super cute.

MMM X 2 said...

YEAH!!!!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! You caould always name him Emerson and call him Emily! Tee Hee!

Love and Hugs,
Amanda

Teacher Mary said...

WOW--this is great news. I guess the name Emily will have to wait! Unless you are like Cindy and have only boys--I love them dearly do not get me wrong!!! You will have so much fun once little Mick gets here! Congratulations and I will keep you all in my prayers! Lots of Love and Prayers!

Lindiana Jones said...

Amir wanted to let you know that he wouldn't mind if you named the baby after him. ;)