Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Odds and Ends

We received a nice little surprise last night. I was fretting all day about how the baby's doing, which, thankfully, has not been an often occurence for me thus far. I'm not sure if this was intentional or a scheduling error, but I have seven weeks between my last doctor's appointment and the next one. This creates lots of time to wonder just what in the world is going on in there. I hadn't been feeling the baby's small movements in a number of days, so my imagination was running a bit wild.

Anyway, I was reading with my hand on my belly, when suddenly I felt a definate bump under my hand...and then another. It really surprised me because this was much stronger than I had ever felt before, strong enough to be able to feel it outside of my body! Of course, when Mick tried to feel, not a whole lot happened, but after waiting patiently, it started up again and he got to feel too. What a treat! I may just make it the next three weeks until our doctor's appointment after all.

We've been very busy with things pertaining to the new house lately. We close next Wednesday, and so we've been dealing with the endless tasks of inspections, walk-thru's, setting up utilities and insurance and financing, as well as coordinating furniture purchases and deliveries. It's nice that I'm not working, because it makes dealing with all this stuff easier. I really couldn't imagine trying to orchestrate all this while working fulltime.

Mick is enjoying his work and has been put on a project called "Constellation." He will be working closely with NASA and, as I understand it, the project deals with the replacement for the Space Station. Mick is excited because a childhood dream of his was to design something that would go up into space and now he has that opportunity. Now he just needs to make it complicated enough so that they have no choice but to send him up there to put it together! Fat chance, but we can still dream.

2 comments:

Tea said...

Yay! Say hello to Little Crawford for Tania and I!

-T

Teacher Mary said...

I can just imagine how excited you and Mick are about feeling Little Crawford doing a turn inside you! I am so glad that he was able to experience it also. Yeah, trying to do a million things at once dealing with moving and working full time can cause a massive headache. Thank God you are able not work! Tell Mick that I am so thrilled for him that he is able to have a childhood dream of his come true! Lots of Love and Prayers to all THREE of you!