Thursday, January 17, 2008

And baby makes three!


"You crown the year with Your bounty, and Your carts overflow with abundance"

-Psalm 65:11


I am overwhelmed by the blessings that God has been giving us. There is no measure or end to His goodness. All the house stuff, while wonderful, pales in comparrisson to this latest gift...we are expecting a baby!


Today we went to the doctor and saw our baby's heartbeat. I'm just over seven weeks and due September 4th. Mick and I are so excited as this last year of waiting has really prepared our hearts for the fulfillment of our hope.


I am feeling pretty good so far, some morning sickness and tiredness, but nothing to complain about. I have already learned that the internet is not my friend (thanks Kim and Tania!) and that a highly emotional pregnant woman has no business trying to diagnose herself. I guess I just need to remember that God is in control and no amount worrying is going to change things.


Here's our first ultrasound picture! Our little one is somewhere in that darkened oval area.

5 comments:

Tea said...

RIIIIIGHT ON!!!!

Congrat's again to you and Mick, but this time a billion times more! Big internet hug to you both from me and Tania: >:D<

-Tobania

MMM X 2 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am thrilled and so excited for you!!!!

YEAH!!! Love you!
Amanda

Christi and Abbey said...

Yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!! congratulations as you begin the greatest adventure of your life!!

Bernadette Musante said...

Congratulations Mama Caitlin!!! I'm so excited for you both!You're right, the internet is not the best place to do research on your baby! Although you can get some really good information, it can be a little "too much info!" Try not to become too obsessive...like I was!:) Take it easy, hope you don't get bad morn sickness! So so happy for you both!!!

Teacher Mary said...

I am so excited for both of you! It is going to be such a wonderful blessing. A little scary but having Madison for a neighbor and teaching at the Shepherd's House surely helped! You will be wonderful parents! Lots of Love and Prayers!