Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Pants


So I'm retiring my first pair of pre-pregnancy pants. Granted, they were the type of jeans that, fresh out of the dryer, had to be convinced they still fit me before loosening up for subsequent use, but since I only have two pairs, half my options are gone. I spent the last week rigging them closed with a rubber band, but that only works so well.


Now, it's not as though I'm showing yet. I just have this thickening of my mid-section that gets quite large throughout the day. Before I was pregnant, I didn't understand why women in early pregnancy would dismiss comments of their mini baby bumps by saying, "Oh, I just ate," or "Yeah, I look fat" and I swore that I would celebrate each growth stage. But now I get the issue. It's too early for the swelling to be because of the baby's size, but late enough for something to be distinctly different. It's seems silly not to try to "suck it in" at this point. What's a girl to do?


I read in our Pregnancy Week by Week that the baby's now an inch long and has eyelids and fingers and toes well into development. A couple weeks ago, we read that the appendix was already formed. I found it very interesting that it is made so early in the process yet we have no idea what it is for. It really is a miraculous process!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Caitlin...you are SOOO funny! I love reading your blog and I am going to MISS you when you go.

lots of love to you and that little nugget in your not-fat-but-not-really-full-of-giant-baby-yet-in-between-style-belly,
Cindy

Teacher Mary said...

The whole issue of pants is so funny! Like Cindy it made me laugh! Just wait until the 9th month where nothing is going to fit and you waddle like a duck!
Oh, well, God is good no matter what!