Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Waiting, and waiting, and waiting

This past week, time seems to have s l o w e d to a c r a w l. I know Cash will, without a doubt, be here sometime within the next week or two, but it feels like the longest time of my life! Every little change or nuance makes me wonder if this is the beginning of labor and Mick calls me throughout the day to see "how I'm doing," which equates to "has my paternity leave started yet?" We are both so anxious to get moving forward!

At the doctor's appointment last week, they again stated he'd likely be a timely child, but I'm hoping for him to come early. Yes, I can't wait to meet him, but I'm also selfishly concerned about stretch marks, which I have been blessed to avoid so far. I know it totally speaks to the vanity in me, but what a bummer to then get them in the last couple of days. I'm sure many mother's reading this out there are laughing at me right now. Whatever, it's not pretty, but it's the truth.

I have another appointment on Thursday so hopefully there will be marked progress by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the little guy!!! Mick

Teacher Mary said...

I love the comments about the stretch marks! We can be so vain! Better to admit it that pretend it does not exist! God has perfect timing!