Friday, December 19, 2008

Before I was a mom...

Before I was a mom, I was unfamiliar with 2am.

Before I was a mom, my whole house was clean at the same time.

Before I was a mom, reading things that didn't rhyme didn't seem strange to me.

Before I was a mom, my eyebrows were always tweezed.

Before I was a mom, I didn't know that it takes two days before my hair has to be washed.

Before I was a mom, I would never change my diet in hopes of helping someone else feel better.

Before I was a mom, I'd never been peed on, thrown up on, or smelled like spit up.

Before I was a mom, I didn't know it was possible to be completely in love with two men.

Before I was a mom, I would've fixed the hair that's falling out of my ponytail.

Before I was a mom, I watched television programs from start to finish.

Before I was a mom, I didn't know that a person can still function quite well on months of minimal broken sleep.

Before I was a mom, I didn't use words like poopy, feetsies, or tum-tum.

Before I was a mom, the sound of a baby crying would've been annoying.

Before I was a mom, I didn't laugh at drooling, bald men.

Before I was a mom, my dog got more attention.

Before I was a mom, I'd never gotten a flu shot.

Before I was a mom, I had time to chew my food.

Before I was a mom, I didn't know what I was missing.

4 comments:

Tea said...

This is awesome. Awesome.

-T

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! Amen sister! Great post!

Tania

Teacher Mary said...

You are absolutely hysterical! The last line says it all. I loved it just like everyone else! I love your sense of humor and how you express things. Cash will sure have tons of fun with you both--wait until he starts talking!

Lorelei said...

Motherhood is an incredibly awesome thing, isn't it?