Thursday, June 12, 2008

Uhhhhh.......just kidding

So I am forced to amend my last blog post. We had our second childbirth class last night. Remember the part I wrote about the childbirth video making me "more excited and less anxious" about the process? That was because 95% of that video was animated. They pulled out all the stops last night with not one, but three (!), real-life video births and, let me tell you, I was more than a little horrified. So much for that "knowledge replaces fear" idea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many cups of coffee did you drink that night Mick?

Cindy said...

Yikes! Again...you are SOOOO funny.

MMM X 2 said...

One word.... EPIDURAL!!! I think that is the only thing that replaces fear!!!

Really, honestly, and I have said this before... I would rather give birth to 20 more kids than go through pregnancy again (though I am sure I will) This comes from someone who was in labor for 2 days!!! It is really not that bad! Your body knows what to do!

Tea said...

Mick, I'm sorry you had to go through that, man. I've always got a shoulder for you to cry on if you need it... :)

-T

Teacher Mary said...

Well....God can get you through anything! It will help to have Mick there through it all keeping you breathing and on track! After all is said and done (even though it looks frightening) it is an awesome experience. Ask any guy who is there at the birth of his child & they all say it is the most awesome experience. I just wish some guy could experience it for real! You will be thrilled once Cash arrives! Lots of Love and Prayers! Mary