Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day

Here are some pictures from Father's Day. We had a pretty mellow day; we went swimming, fiddled around the house, and bar-b-qued in the evening. I think Mick really enjoyed being able to choose what we did without any complaining (or, as I call it, "discussion") from me. His favorite phrase for the day was, "I reserve the right to change my mind because it's Father's Day." Although it's been fun for both of us to celebrate these holidays, we're well aware that this is the freebee year. Next year, we will have truly earned the titles...and we can't wait!



Also, Mick has been busily "hurricane-proofing" our house. The builder provided us with hurricane shutters, but we are responsible for drilling the pins into the exterior of the home so that the shutters can be afixed to the windows. We had been quoted anywhere between $750 and $1000 for someone else to do the job, but capable as he is, my husband decided he would take on the task. Plus he got to buy new tools. What is better than that? Since we have somewhere around 31 windows/doors that need to be covered, with many of them requiring over 12 pins each, this is quite the project. He has pretty much finished the downstairs, which thankfully holds the majority of windows. Hopefully, the storms will hold off until it's all finished!


2 comments:

Lindiana Jones said...

Caitlin, I just love your belly. You are so cute! True that you will have "earned" the titles of mom and dad next year but you really are parents now. Can't wait to see you next month!

Teacher Mary said...

I am glad you had such a great Father's Day, Mick. I love my birthday since it is the one day when I also reserve the right to do what I want. At my new job they give us the day off! What a guy, taking on the job of hurricane proofing your home! But, if you love tools it is worth the effort!
Lots of Love and Prayers!