Wednesday, March 12, 2008

House Hunt and Baby Bump



Sorry that I haven't updated the blog in awhile. I've been well-intentioned for the past few days, but haven't been able to quite get it done.

We have been moving forward with the new house. There's so much that needs to be taken care of with a purchase like this and even though this isn't the first time we've purchased a home, I have to admit that I wasn't really as involved with the last purchase so it feels all new to me. The house is in a new development that is still well under construction. My sister and brother-in-law live in the same community and we are all excited for the rec center that is being built. It has a nice pool, playground and splash pad for kids.

The house itself is two-stories. One of the things we really liked about it is that it had the master bedroom and an additional bedroom downstairs so I won't have to tread up and down stairs all night once the baby comes. It has a formal dining room, a study (that we'll use as the baby's room), and a game room upstairs - all standard features in homes out here. It really is amazing how far your dollar can go when it comes to housing in Texas. We feel so blessed by what God has provided for us financially through the sale of the townhouse. Mick and I are not big spenders or extravagant people, but a down payment and furniture purchases can feel just that way. It has made the process both ackward and exciting.

Bella has given it her seal of approval already. We snuck her in to check it out the other day and she ran up and down the stairs, explored every inch of the backyard and panted like crazy when she finally felt satisfied that she had been everywhere - twice. She is really going to love having all that space to play!

Anyway, we are very excited as a few people have made plans to come visit this spring and we want to extend an invitation to all our friends and family that you'd have a place to stay if you make the trip!




As far as the baby is concerned, I'm finally starting to show at 15 weeks! Somedays are still bigger than others, but I do have a consistent little bump. I have to laugh because if I walk by another pregnant woman, I catch myself trying to stick it out more so that she knows I'm part of the club too. Our poor child doesn't stand a chance with a dorky mom like me, but hopefully there will be enough grace not to do too much psychological damage :)

6 comments:

MMM X 2 said...

You look great! I am so happy to hear about your new home and exciting stuff coming up. I think I had that "baby bump" the day I found out that I was prego!!!

LUCKY!

Love to you all,
Amanda

Bernadette Musante said...

I'm so excited for you!!! The house is beautiful! You look gorgeous with your little bump and the baby glow suits you!!
*Bernadette

Mom/Grandma Kay said...

I love watching your life together progress! You are building a great record here and it's so fun to be able to share in it.

Someday your child will be able to read all this and know how much love was awaiting his/her arrival.

Let's get together before Reagan leaves for Washington, DC.

XOXO + XO

Had to add an extra for the baby! Mick, you'll have to kiss and hug her stomach for me.

Tea said...

Tania says, "Oh, what a cute pregnant woman you are! We miss you guys. Love the house. Can't wait to come visit."

Tobias says, "You guys stinkin' rule. If you were school supplies, you'd be rulers. Totally. :) Love the kid and the crib!"

-T & T

cynthia ware said...

Thank heavens you called me or I would have forgotten to come check out the house photos. (I'm trying to be sensitive and serious here but Tobias always makes me laugh and then I get off track.) Anyway, the house is amazing and I can't believe how much you're showing.

Teacher Mary said...

Hey, guys, the house is fabulous! I love all the pics you posted! $$ does stretch a lot further almost everywhere else in the USA. So Cal is really quite expensive for housing! It's a good thing you bought her first! I love it--all brick I take it? That seems strange to me since I was born & raised in the San Fernando Valley where only 1 house is 25,000 or so is something other than frame (due to quakes, I am sure)! I love the pic of the "baby bump" especially with Mick hugging it. This little baby will surely be loved. Tell Mick he needs to start singing lullabye's & worhship songs so the baby will feel at home once they hit the nursery at church! Lots of Love and Tons of Prayers!