Thursday, February 19, 2009

Space Shuttle Discovery


I went to the Cape last week to work on a CAD Interoperability Standard for NASA (I know, nerd alert). Anyway, as motivation to get everyone to make the trip, we were planning to see the Space Shuttle Discovery launch on 2/12/2009. Needless to say, the launch was delayed and so we took a tour of the Shuttle on the luanch pad instead. As it turned out, it was probably more interesting since we were able to see the hardware up-close and personal. Hopefully I get to go back again sometime to see a launch before the Shuttle retires in 2010.

2 comments:

Teacher Mary said...

Mick, I am jealous! What a blessed guy! It sounds like you had a super time and I am sorry that you were not able to see a launch. The next time you watch me you will surely understand more! What a memory for a lifetime. Lots of Love and Prayers!

bland4 said...

So cool that you got to see it in person! What a great experience!
Miss u guys mucho!!!!