Monday, November 3, 2008

A couple of firsts.

Here's a brief rundown of our first time attending a church service with a baby:

"Let's make sure he's changed/fed/burped/content before we leave so he hopefully sleeps through the service." "So you're saying that I don't have time to wipe the spit-up out of my hair?"
The catnap in the car means that Cash is wide awake just as soon as the worship begins. Attempts at worship are interrupted by rapid fire thoughts: "Wow, he's actually content in his car seat. How long is that going to last?" "I just know he's about to lose it." "What if someone tries to steal my baby?" (Head check to make sure his car seat is still on the pew) "Oh great, no wonder he's content; he's pooping."
And then the fussing begins...Which leaves us wondering just how much fussing is exceptable before you're expected to make a speedy exit? Should we dart at the first whimper or wait until a more forceful cry is sounded? I bolted pretty quickly and enjoyed the rest of the service nursing Cash in the bathroom, and since I could still hear the worship, I sang along from my place of exile.

One more thing. Cash spent his first night in his nursery last night. He did great and it was so nice to have Mick and Bella back in our room instead out on the couch. Hopefully the next step is sleeping through the night. Ah, a girl can dream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny cause I was thinking the same things...

Love,

Your hubby

MMM X 2 said...

I remember feeling the same way at The Shepherd's House. People like you (sometimes even "wearing" Mailee) make you feel like you can still be part of society. I hope you have found some friends like that in your new home!
Speaking of "new homes"... How far are you into Texas? (now that I know that Texas can be a whole country!) I would love to plan a visit and meet Cash!

Love,
Amanda

Teacher Mary said...

Your posts are just great and so funny! They remind me some of Christi's posts about she and Abbey! You just give it to us "unfiltered" which I love. Everything is new and a different experience when your kids comes along for the ride. You crack me up. Glad to hear that Daddy and Bella are now back in the bed with Mommy! Snuggling is such fun! I am glad to hear that Cash did OK on his own. You sound like you are having a wonderful time being a Mommy! Thank you Lord for the blessing of Cash to you and Mick. Did you ever think it would be so awesome?? Lots of Love and Prayers!